Short.io integrates with Zapier, meaning that you can make magic with the short links.
Today, on the Short.io blog, we'll show how to set Short.io features automatically for the newly created short URLs. Each time a link is shortened, it has an automatically implemented link cloaking, password protection, link expiration, and UTM tags.
The idea of the following Zap is based on the Google Sheet. Every time you update a row or add a new long link to a row, the URL with the pre-defined features will be shortened.
1. Go to Zapier.
2. Click Make a Zap.
Note: Automatic features require choosing Short.io as the "Action" app.
3. Choose Google Sheets as a trigger application and "New or Updated row" as trigger action.
4. Add your account.
5. Choose Drive and Spreadsheet with your long links.
6. Check the bullet.
7. Install Short.io as an Action app.
8. Select the action you want to take after the character - "Create a short link."
9. Connect your account by setting the API key: https://app.short.io/settings/integrations/api-key
10. Set the display for your upcoming short links: select column with long links, set path, password, expiration time, cloaking, utm parameters.
Note: Enter the date and time you want the links to expire. Temporary fields take anything that can be translated by date and time.
Date formats supported:
next Friday at noon
tomorrow at noon
next Friday at 7 p.m.
2/13/2014 8pm EST
2014-02-26T16: 56 (standard ISO format)
1393462573 (UNIX timestamp)
11. Submit a test to make sure the settings are correct.
... and voila, link and all settings are abbreviated.
What did you learn?